We’re looking for an experienced attorney to join our expanding team. You will work across the business with a focus on partnering with GTM functions to provide strategic, business-oriented legal guidance on a wide variety of issues. You, The Senior Commercial Counsel, are a talented and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts. This job is for you if you thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and get excited about closing deals. You have zealous attention to detail, excellent judgment and communication skills, and are customer focused when dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of customer-facing agreements, including software and SaaS, partnerships, professional services and outsourcing, IT infrastructure, marketing and advertising technology, and various supplier agreements
- Advise internal clients regarding legal issues, including identifying, managing, and communicating risks and opportunities in commercial transactions
- Assist with the development of standard template language to be used in contracts, ancillary documents and associated playbooks.
- Train and advise new members of the Commercial Legal Team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.
- Participate in cross-team efforts to develop and implement policies and procedures relating to go-to-market efforts
- Help create and deliver education, information, and training programs for the sales organization on negotiation best practices and relevant legal issues
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- Member of local state bar or eligible to register as registered in-house counsel
- At least 8 years of commercial transactions experience with at least 4 years of in-house experience negotiating complex technology transactions
- Experience supporting medium to large sales organization that sell technology to enterprise customers (e.g., F500, G2000) as well as medium and smaller companies.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of commercial contracts, including master services agreements, professional services agreements, partner agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with internal customers, cross-functional teams and third parties to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Proven ability to work quickly and provide entrepreneurial, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and recommendations that properly balance the legal risk and business reward
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach
- Skilled at explaining complex legal concepts such that non-lawyers can understand them, the issues and associated risks
- Ability to triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate expectations with internal clients and delivering results efficiently and effectively
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things, and desire to get things done
GetEmails is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
GetEmails does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GetEmails’ human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GetEmails. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GetEmails. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GetEmails. GetEmails shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.