You can integrate your GetEmails account directly with SalsaEngage.
An integration between GetEmails and SalsaEngage does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your GetEmails account to SalsaEngage into a segment of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your SalsaEngage account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different segments or ESPs).
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. To find your API Key, click the Tools icon in the top right. Then, click API. Type your SalsaEngage password in the box, and click Continue to API details.
2. Copy the access token (blurred text below in the box). That is what you will paste in the API Key box in GetOpeners.
3. You will also need to create a segment (Supporters Group) to sync the events with. Go to Supporters > Groups > Add a Group.
4. Give the group a Reference Name. Choose Static or Mailing List Group. Then, give it a Parameter Name. Click Save.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetEmails. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the SalsaEngage icon.
2. Paste your API Key.
3. Set up your Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, GetEmails will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your GetEmails suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose YES to suppress contacts, and pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one time suppression.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from SalsaEngage into your GetEmails suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current SalsaEngage contacts into your GetEmails suppression list.
When you’re finished, click Next.
4. Then, click Yes to upload your collected contacts. Then, pick a segment from the drop-down menu. Next, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your GetEmails contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate segments. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both GetEmails.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either GetEmails.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you’re finished, click Next.
5. Enable the SalsaEngage integration. Once you enable the integration, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
6. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, contact suppression, and the option to set/change the segment it’s synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
Change the sync’d segment
1. To change the segment you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven’t already. Then, choose a segment from the dropdown menu. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
1. To change your contact suppression preferences, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Contact Suppression.
3. Click Yes to automatically suppress your contacts.Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.