You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with Ometria.
An integration between GetOpeners and Ometria allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. From your Settings in Ometria, click API Keys. Then, copy an existing API Key, or create a New API Key.
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetOpeners logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Ometria icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to sync live open events. Type your Event (Custom Event) that you want to sync your live open events with. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Ometria to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Set up the unengaged list refresh to automatically refresh your unengaged segment once a month by clicking Yes. Choose an Unengaged Segment from the drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
8. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
9. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, edit your Event Sync settings, and edit your Unengaged List Refresh.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Event (Custom Event) entered, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Ometria to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change unengaged list refresh
1. From your Integration Settings, click the pencil next to Unengaged List Refresh.
2. Turn the refresh on by clicking Yes. Select a segment by choosing one from the drop-down menu under Select your Unengaged Segment. Click Save.
3. Remember, the refresh will run exactly one month from the day you turn it on.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Event (Custom Event), type a different event name in the box.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.