You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with Maropost.
An integration between GetOpeners and Maropost allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your Account ID and API Key. Find your Account ID in your Maropost Dashboard by holding your cursor over your profile name in the top right and then clicking Connections.
2. Your Account ID will appear at the top.
3. To find your API Key, click your username in the top-right corner. Then, click Settings.
4. Then, click API Keys.
5. To create your API Key, click Add Key.
6. Give it a Key Name, and copy the API Key.
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetEmails logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Maropost icon.
4. Paste your Account ID and API Key in the box, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to enable Sync Live Open Events. Select your Tag (event identifier) from the drop-down menu, and click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Maropost to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. You can set up automated list refresh if you want our system to automatically update your list in GetOpeners once a month. This will add any newly engaged contacts and remove those that no longer fit the segment criteria. Head to How to setup Unengaged List Refresh below to set this up.
8. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to be on, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
9. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, edit your Event Sync settings, and edit your Unengaged List Refresh.
10. The open events will be saved in Maropost under Audience > Contacts > Lists. The Tag you chose in the integration for your event identifier will appear under Contact Tags.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your List (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Maropost to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit to Tag or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Sync events Tag, choose one from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to setup Unengaged List Refresh
1. To find your SFTP Access within Maropost, click your name in the top right > Settings > SFTP Access.
2. This is where you’ll find your FTP Host, Port, Username (User), Password, and Host.
3. Next, create your Journey and FTP Path. First, create a new segment by going to Segments > New Segment.
4. Give the Segment a name. Set these rules: Rule 1 Did Not Open > In Past > 365 and before > 90 days. AND Rule 2 Did Not Click > In Past > 365 and before > 90 days. Click Save Segment.
5. Next, go to Data Journey > New Data Journey > Name Data Journey > Create.
6. Click Recurring to add it to your Journey.
7. Add Ftp Upload to your Journey.
8. Choose the Segment you created earlier in the top box. Add the FTP Path to the directory you wish to upload. You will also need this FTP path for your integration setup. Click Save.
9. If you don’t currently have the FTP Path, you will need to create one. From your FTP site, right click and choose Create Directory. Give the directory a name, and click OK. Click the directory name, right click, and choose Enter directory. The highlighted text below is where your Path is (ex. uploads/test).
10. From your Integration Settings, click the pencil next to Unengaged List Refresh.
11. Turn the refresh on/off by clicking Yes/No. Add or change the Unengaged Segment by filling in your FTP Host, Port, User, Password, and Path. Click Save.
12. Remember, the refresh will run exactly one month from the day you turn it on.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.