You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with ExpertSender.
An integration between GetOpeners and ExpertSender allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your Your APIv2 address (API URL) and API Key. To find those, go to your ExpertSender dashboard and click Settings > Business Unit > API.
2. Copy Your APIv2 address (API URL) and Your API Key.
3. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your events in ExpertSender with before finalizing the integration.
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetOpeners logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the ExpertSender icon.
4. Paste your Your APIv2 address (API URL) and API Key, and click Connect.
5. You will then need your Event (Custom Event ID). The Custom Event ID can be found in ExpertSender by going to Workflows > Custom Events. Use the ID number shown next to the name of the Event you want to sync with (7 in this example).
Inside GetOpeners, click Yes to turn the Sync Live Open Events on. Add the Event (Custom Event ID). Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in ExpertSender to send a test event. Click Send.
7. Set up the list renewal to automatically refresh your unengaged list once a month by clicking Yes. Choose the Unengaged Segment created. Then, click Next.
8. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
9. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, edit your Event Sync settings, and edit your Unengaged List Refresh.
10. The contact will appear in the ExpertSender list you chose to sync the event with.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your list (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in ExpertSender to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Event (Custom Event ID), click the box and type in the new ID number.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to change unengaged list refresh
1. From your Integration Settings, click the pencil next to Unengaged List Refresh.
2. Turn the refresh on/off by clicking Yes/No. Add or change the Unengaged Segment by choosing a new one from the drop-down menu (Select your Unengaged Segment). Click Save.
3. Remember, the refresh will run exactly one month from the day you turn it on.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.