You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with Campaigner.
An integration between GetOpeners and Campaigner allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. From your Campaigner dashboard, click the account icon in the top right. Then, click Manage Users from the drop-down and choose a user’s email address under User Name.
2. Click API Keys at the top, and copy the API Key. If you don’t have an API Key, will you need to click Add API Key to create one and click Save.
3. Set up a filter in Campaigner to be used with your Unengaged Filter, which will automatically refresh your unengaged filter once a month.
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetOpeners logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Campaigner icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to sync live open events. Type your Event (event identifier) that you want to sync your live open events with. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Campaigner to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Set up the unengaged filter renewal to automatically refresh your unengaged filter once a month by clicking Yes. Choose one of the Unengaged Filters from the drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
8. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
9. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
10. The existing contact is added to the Mailing List in Campaigner you selected.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Event (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Campaigner to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change unengaged list refresh
1. From your Integration Settings, click the pencil next to Unengaged List Refresh.
2. Turn the refresh on by clicking Yes. Select a filter by choosing one from the drop-down menu under Select your Unengaged Filters. Click Save.
3. Remember, the refresh will run exactly one month from the day you turn it on.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Event (event identifier), type a different event name in the box.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.