In this video, we’ll walk you through where to find your GetEmails snippet script and how to add it to your Shopify store.
Where to find your GetEmails collection snippet script
1. From your GetEmails Dashboard, click Code Script in the left navigation. Then, click View Script next to the domain you want to add the snippet script to.
2. Check the box next to Collection, and then click Copy Code </>.
How to add collection snippet script
1. Visit your Shopify Dashboard and click Online Store on the left-hand side nav panel.
2. Click Themes under Online Store, and then click on Actions and then Edit code.
3. Click theme.liquid file under Layout.
4. Add the script code above </head> in the code. Click the Save button in the top right.
Note: If you only want to add the collection script to your Cart, you can choose cart.liquid instead of the theme.liquid file.
5. From your GetEmails dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on.
How to add suppression snippet script
The suppression script can be added to your website on any page that you do NOT want GetEmails to collect email addresses. Generally speaking, you would put this script on landing pages where the person has already converted, and therefore, you have already collected their email address.
Examples of pages you’d want to add the suppression script to are post-checkout, thank you, and confirmation pages.
1. From your GetEmails Dashboard, click Code Script in the left navigation. Then, click View Script next to the domain you want to add the snippet script to. In the pop-up, check the box next to Suppression, and click Copy Code.
2. From your Shopify dashboard, click Settings > Checkout.
3. In Order Processing, paste the GetEmails suppression script in the Additional scripts > Order status page box. Then, click Save at the top right.
4. From your GetEmails dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on.